[Maildev] Engineering Council or Engineering Steering Committee (ESC) - where art thou?

Mark Rousell mark.rousell at signal100.com
Fri Aug 31 16:29:46 EDT 2018

On 31/08/2018 18:40, Onno Ekker wrote:
> What I miss every timr when people say that recipients don’t see formatting is that a *lot* of (company) users use Outlook and they /do/ see formatting! I’m not in favor of html mail myself, but I think that if you deny this and strip formatting options from Thunderbird, you’ll only lose more users to other clients.

This. I totally agree with you.

I also used to not be in favour of HTML email but I switched over to it
permanently a few years ago when many of my end users clients started
asking me why my emails looked so terrible. At first I didn't understand
what they meant but I came to realise that they meant that it was all
plain text! I came to realise that I simply had to move to using HTML to
keep up with the times, like it or not.

--
Mark Rousell