[Maildev] Manually parsing "update RDF"

John Bieling john.bieling at gmx.de
Sun Aug 12 09:08:58 EDT 2018

Hello,

I want to manually parse a "update RDF" file, which follows the same
spec as the RDF file used by the AddOnManager to find the download link
of the latest version supported by the current version of Thunderbird.

Is that function available to be called from within an AddOn?

This question is not about extracting the parameter of em:updateURL from
the index.rdf! I already have the file I want to parse, I just do not
want to re-invent the wheel and write a parser on my own.

Additional question: Is the format of that update RDF changing after
TB60? Are there any information avail already?

Thanks
John