[Maildev] Packaging of Thunderbird for Linux

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Tue Dec 19 18:32:56 EST 2017

FWIW, the Ubuntu package works fine.

I can see that Snaps et.al. might be useful for other platforms.

Whatever we choose, automatic updates must be built into the system. It
should not be left to manual user action. That's important for security.

If we did that, I think it would be Tom Prince implementing it, right?
Or do the package communities volunteer to set up the package?

Ben