[Maildev] Obligatory GitHub vs Mercurial (Mozilla-hosted) Question

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult info at metux.net
Mon Dec 18 23:30:29 EST 2017

On 11.12.2017 22:42, Magnus Melin wrote:

<snip>

> I don't have a strong preference for git or hg myself, I just think  > having unnecessary options is usually more confusing than it's worth,
 > even if the intentions are good.
Didn't follow the whole thread, but just my 2cent:

Considering the problems I had w/ when cloning the codebase (had put it
aside for quite a while, no idea if it's better now), my vote clearly
goes to git. IMHO, it's much easier to use, and there're also good
hosting sites.

Maybe we should consider cutting the history and some automatic
mirror/importer for the moz-central part.

--mtx
--
Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
info at metux.net -- +49-151-27565287