[Maildev] Thunderbird gone from AMO landing page?

Andrei Hajdukewycz sancus at thunderbird.net
Thu Dec 14 15:47:24 EST 2017

On 2017-12-14 11:45 AM, Jonathan Kamens wrote:

> (If this is the wrong place to discuss this, please kindly redirect me
> to the right place.)
>
> I visited AMO today and discovered that it is no longer possible to
> browse Thunderbird add-ons from the home page.
>
> I recall seeing emails cross my inbox recently about the work to set
> up a new web site for Thunderbird add-ons, but I was under the
> impression that work wasn't finished yet, and in any case even once it
> is done it will take months and months for the changes to Thunderbird
> itself to talk to the new site to propagate out to everywhere, won't it?
>
> In the meantime, there's no web interface for browsing Thunderbird
> add-ons? This doesn't seem optimal, to say the least.

The classic site is still available https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/

You don't need the URL - there is a link at the bottom of the new
front-end on addons.mozilla.org that says "view classic site", that's
how you get to the old site. It's not ideal, no, but even a lot of
Firefox-related functionality still requires you to click that and the
AMO team decided that that was visible enough /shrug. The new front-end
is kind of bare bones, but this is a transitional period.

You can still search for and install add-ons from within Thunderbird as
well. https://addons.thunderbird.net/ exists but it's been slow going
because I'm waiting on things from Mozilla(finally got a database clone,
now I need a dump of xpis and icons).