[Maildev] Integrating popular and useful extensions into TB

Andrei Hajdukewycz sancus at thunderbird.net
Mon Dec 11 04:04:39 EST 2017

On 2017-12-09 6:41 AM, ace wrote:
> This is an interesting list,  it also begs a couple of slightly off
> topic observations.
>>
>> 1. Extra folder columns has been integrated since V38.  So no one
>> should have it installed and active if they are keeping up with the
>> version releases.  So I think we need to ask about it's presence in
>> the list.  Is it telling us about people not updating, flaws in the
>> data collection that made the list Or a failure of blacklisting.
>> This add-on should have been blacklisted in V38.

Extra folder columns currently only has 5,616 users on AMO. Ben's list
is based on a spreadsheet from July and use of this add-on completely
died in June around the 20th (see:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/extra-folder-columns/statistics/?last=365).

I have no idea why this is, it doesn't coincide with a major release or
anything. By that time, we had already been on 52 for months, let alone 38.