[Maildev] Supporting old TB versions

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Sun Dec 10 07:53:10 EST 2017

Jonathan Kamens wrote on 09.12.17 23:56:
> in some cases the distribution maintainers have backported patches to
> older versions of Thunderbird, so it's entirely possible that a user
> is running a version of Thunderbird earlier than 52 without the
> vulnerabilities you're worried about.

That's a myth. Nobody has managed to do that. Many have backported
patches, but nobody has managed to keep it secure. I think such claims
are false and highly dangerous for end users.

You may of course do what you want with your code, but please do not
expect support from TB project for supporting unsupported TB versions.

Ben