[Maildev] Is there a way to reactivate the Calendar/Lightning distribution extension after installing a beta?

Jörg Knobloch jorgk at jorgk.com
Sat Dec 9 08:24:53 EST 2017

On 09/12/2017 13:44, MakeMyDay wrote:
> Check your prefs for extensions.installedDistroAddon.<extension-id>,
> for Lightning, this is:
>
> extensions.installedDistroAddon.{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}
>
> Iirc, if that pref is set and the respective extension is not in the
> list stored in extensions.xpiState, the installation of an addon is
> prevented in XPIProvider code to prevent a once uninstalled
> distributed addon from being installed again. (Unfortunately, there is
> not a similar mechanism for disabled addons, which make disabled
> Lightning addon to enabled on updates). So removing the pref should
> bring your Lightning back on restart.

\o/

Yay, that did the trick. I'm a little surprised that you can remove
distribution add-ons, I thought you can just disable them.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep the solution in mind.

Any suggestions how we could alleviate the search for matching add-ons,
like Lightning and the Gdata Provider?

Jörg.