[Maildev] Is there a way to reactivate the Calendar/Lightning distribution extension after installing a beta?

Jörg Knobloch jorgk at jorgk.com
Sat Dec 9 06:44:25 EST 2017

On 09/12/2017 12:34, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
> If you install it from the candidate builds, then it will not
> auto-install with Thunderbird. If you've done this before, then you need
> to "uninstall" it, which will (hopefully?) re-activate the distribution
> version of the extension.
>
> I don't know if there is a more comfortable way. It should "just work".

Thanks for the quick reply and sorry about not being precise enough.

I of course "Remove"(d) the add on in the add-ons manager *hoping* that
the distribution extension would show up again as disabled, as I think
I've seen before. But that wasn't the case, neither with the 52.x I
posted about in September, nor with the beta now. After removing the
manually installed add-on there is no trace of Lightning anywhere, so
I'm forever stuck with searching for the matching version.

I believe it used to work better on Daily, but now that I switched to
Beta, it's not working as described, and for the ESR either.

I've searched the preferences to see the opt in/out preference
(mail.calendar-integration.opt-out?), that's set to false for me, so I
didn't opt out.

So what developer-level surgery is required to get "just work" to
actually work?

Jörg.