[Maildev] Integrating popular and useful extensions into TB

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Thu Dec 7 13:59:56 EST 2017

Jonathan Kamens wrote on 07.12.17 15:13:

> Let me just be clear about this, because I'm not sure I was entirely
> clear about it in my last message: I will not commit to maintaining
> Thunderbird core code. In my experience, it is just too much of a pain
> in the neck. So if you decide the right answer is to move my add-on's
> functionality into Thunderbird core, then I'm OK with that, but don't
> expect me to keep maintaining the code after you've done that, because
> I won't.

Hey jik,

I'm lacking a little context here. Which addon do you maintain?

Also, if you have suggestions how to improve the contribution to
Thunderbird, I'd be particularly happy to have you voice them, because I
think it should be improved. We have Ryan who just now joined
Thunderbird as community manager, and these kind of questions are
exactly why we hired him. If you can explain the problem and your
suggestions to him, he can take it from there.

Ben