[Maildev] Integrating Import/Export Tools

Matt Harris unicorn.consulting at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 02:11:28 EST 2017

On 07-Dec-17 9:13 AM, Ben Bucksch wrote:

> Our most popular extension is importexporttools
> https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/addon/324492 .

As a corollary to that I think we should look at the profile switch
add-on also from the same author.  It removes the need for the arcane
command line switches to change or open the profile manager or another
profile.  Outlook express had this functionality 20 years ago and users
expect user interface wizards to get things done,  not command line
arguments.  Regardless of how useful and powerful they can be.

With regard to the import export tools,  my understanding is they are
prone to timeouts when processing large folders.  I have never looked,
but I assume loops in there somewhere.

Matt