[Maildev] Obligatory GitHub vs Mercurial (Mozilla-hosted) Question

Robert Lu robberphex at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 05:15:00 EST 2017

I prefer gitlab(or gitlab.com).

Hg is a big problem for new contributeur. But I don't think GitHub is best
choince for us.

If we relay on GitHub, there will be a vendor lock. There are many things
will cause some unaware risk.(If GitHub is down, if it doesn't support
public repo)

So, here is my propose:
If we have some high-quality server, network, we can run our gitlab
instance.
If we haven't, we can run at gitlab.com, And if gitlab.com changed, we can
migrate to our instance.

--