[Maildev] Integrating popular and useful extensions into TB

Magnus Melin mkmelin+mozilla at iki.fi
Thu Dec 7 03:59:43 EST 2017

I'd like to add that I don't think integrating the add-ons as add-ons is
necessarily a good idea. For popular features, I do support moving those
features to core, and certainly welcome add-on authors to keep maintaining
their feature there. For good code, moving it to core is not likely to be
significant work, at least compared to alternatives. I think it's basically a
requirement, because if the code lives elsewhere, localization and other
coordinated efforts can't be made to work in a reasonable manner.

  -Magnus