[Maildev] Integrating LookOut / TNEF / winmail.dat

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Wed Dec 6 17:04:22 EST 2017

Hey Magnus,

you said the TNEF addons all have license problems and use non-OSS
libraries.

The most popular is LookOut
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/addon/lookout/

The page says it's MPL 1.1. I looked at the content, it's pure JS and
tnef.js has no special license header, so I assume it's MPL 1.1 like the
rest. The ext page description says "The TNEF decoding engine was
inspired (with permission) by the tnef.sf.net project", so that appears
to be a re-write by the LookOut author.

Do you still think that there are license problems? If so, which ones?

Ben